Thanksgiving Weekend In Tahoe!
SPEND THE DAY SKIING
Many resorts (weather permitting) open their doors to skiers/riders before Thanksgiving Day! That means you can get out for a few turns before feasting with friends and loved ones. Here are 2019 / 2020 opening days for resorts that will be open on Thanksgiving (tentative dates based on snow conditions):
- Mt. Rose: Open Friday - Sunday
- Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows: OPEN
- Northstar California Resort: November 22, 2019
- Boreal Mountain Resort: November 22, 2019
- Heavenly Mountain Resort: November 22, 2019
- Sierra-at-Tahoe Mountain Resort: November 22, 2019
- Kirkwood Ski Resort: November 27, 2019
- Sugar Bowl Resort: November 29, 2019
THANKSGIVING DINNER IN LAKE TAHOE
If you don’t have a home-cooked meal lined up, or simply don’t feel like doing dishes on vacation, check out the following spots for tasty a Thanksgiving dinner (check back as local restaurants are updated):
- Squaw Valley at Bar One
- The Ritz-Carlton Lake Tahoe Harvest Buffet
- Granlibakken Resort Thanksgiving Dinner
- Lone Eagle Grille
- Big Water Grille
- Gar Woods Grill & Pier
GET FIT BEFORE YOU FEAST
KICK OFF HOLIDAY SHOPPING
Get a head start on holiday shopping during Thanksgiving weekend at Tahoe City's Holiday Hop - Small Business Saturday on November 30 from 12 pm to 5 pm. Enjoy wine, snacks, and festive cheer while you support locally-owned Tahoe businesses.
SUNSET SNOWSHOE TOURS
Enjoy the purple alpenglow with Tahoe Adventure Company on one of their Sunset Snowshoe Tours on Friday, November 29 from 3-5:30pm. Take in the brisk mountain air while trekking through Lake Tahoe’s pristine forests. You will hike on easy-to-use snowshoes and stop along the way to take in the beautiful views and enjoy snacks and hot drinks. Knowledgeable guides will discuss local natural and human history. Cost is $70 per person and no experience is necessary. Please contact Tahoe Adventure Company or book the tour online.