The Theater is Open!
October 21, 2020
The theater is open! After being closed for almost six months, they re-opened on Sept. 11 at 25% capacity after Placer County moved into the red tier. On Oct. 13, Placer County moved into the orange tier, which means they are allowed to open at 50% capacity. However, they are capping capacity at 35% to ensure the customers feel safe and comfortable. Check out the list of "Now Showing" movie titles and buy tickets in advance! Or if you are planning a trip up to North Lake Tahoe, check out the "calendar" of showings for times and movie titles!
Our parking lot drive-in cinema will continue sporadically for the fall. Tickets are $40/car.
Not ready to be inside a movie theater yet? Check out the movies in our Virtual Cinema.
COVID SAFTY MEASURES:
1. They have installed an air scrubber in our HVAC system that uses UV light to kill germs and bacteria.
2. Seats have been taken out or blocked off to allow for social distancing.
3. Masks are required at all times except when eating or drinking.
4. Limited number of people allowed in lobby at one time.
5. Increased sanitizing between shows.
TAHOE CITY'S BEST VENUE:
Located in the former Cobblestone Cinema, The Tahoe Art Haus & Cinema is a completely remodeled theater and bar that has become Tahoe City’s community and entertainment hub and is Tahoe/Truckee’s only cinema draft house and independent theater.
The lobby bar has nine craft beers and ciders on tap, including a nitro tap and locally-brewed kombucha, wine, Prosecco, and premium bottled beer. We also offer non-GMO popcorn popped only in coconut oil and a popcorn spice bar. Enjoy your beer while sitting in rocking leather seats or on our comfortable couches.
The Art Haus shows major motion pictures, independent films, action sports films, and environmental movies, and also hosts filmmakers, speakers, dance performances, and live music. We offer a lively, social, movie-going experience that is unique to the region.
They welcome ideas for movies and events. They also rent out the theater for private events such as birthdays or corporate parties. Please contact them for rental pricing.
- State-of-the-art digital projector
- Rocking leather seats with cupholders, plus couches that seat 12
- Total of 102 seats
- ADA seating
- Dance Floor
- Bar with nine beers on tap, including ciders and a nitro tap, wine, Prosecco and high-end craft bottled beer.
- Popcorn Spice Bar where customers can flavor their popcorn with a number of different spices, as well as nutritional yeast and Parmesan cheese.
- Concession Stand
- Hot Dogs, Grilled Cheese, Cheese Pizza & Pretzels
- Movie Tickets: $12 adults (ages 13+), $11 seniors (62+)/military, $10 kids (12 and under); matinees are $2 off tickets
- Gift Cards: Purchase at the theater or call (530) 584-2431 during business hours to buy over the phone.
- Membership: We offer five different membership levels. Join and get discounts on movie tickets, beer and more!
- Art Haus Swag: T-shirts, hats & Tahoe Art Haus Kleen Kanteen Cups; Receive $1/off beers every time you bring in your reusable cup.
Sign up to receive instant email notifications when properties meeting your search criteria come on the market.
My Home Valuation
Selling your home? We can give you a professional assessment of your home's current market value.